1. Name the parts of a plant. 2. What is the difference between a vascular and nonvasular plant? 3. What the difference between a monocot and dicot? 4. What is the difference between a tap and fibrous root? 5. What is the difference between a producer and consumer?
1. trace the pathway of food through the digestive system. 2. What is the function of the parotid gland? 3. What is the outcome of gallbladder removal? 4. Where is the pancreas located and what is the function? 5. Explain the function of at least three parts of the colon.
1. Identify and explain the major biogeochemical cycle. 2. Describe some limitations of ecological models. 3. What is a herbivore? 4. What is the importance of decomposers in the ecosystem? 5. Explain how plants return water to the water cycle.
1. Describe the parts and functions of the mouth. 2. Describe the parts and functions of the stomach. 3. List the major functions of the liver. 4. What is villi located and what is the function? 5. Explain the shape and general functions of the large intestine.
1. How does niche differ from habitat. 2. Discuss different types of feeding relationships. 3. Discuss types of symbiotic relationships. 4. Give examples of carnivores and discuss what they eat. 5. Explain how ecology is important in your lives.
Biology Questions due 4/22 1. Explain why interdependence is an important theme in Biology. 2. How does population differ from community 3. List the five levels of organization in ecology. 4. Define biotic and abiotic. Give examples of each. 5. How does an organism’s niche differ from its habitat?